What is Simple Generic Table Apparel Recommender?
How do I create one?
First, on the sizing editor, click on "Size Recommender" tab, then you will see the following block. Click on "Use this" for the second item.
Then we show the recommender editor pop-up. Then just follow these simple steps.
1. Update the name of the Recommender.
Opening the size recommender editor will show something like this. First you can change the name field. It will be displayed as the Recommender header.
2. Select source table
The first tab is to select the source table to be used for the recommender.
3. Select fields for the recommender
Next click on the second tab "Fields setup", you should see something like this:
Click on the circular text. Green means the measurement is highlighted.
4. Measurement fields settings
Once fields are selected, you should see the Measurement fields settings show up.
- Input type: If your selected table field is not numbers, you can choose "select dropdown" or "select radio". Non-number input will be used as a simple filter.
- Type: decide whether the type of the measurement is cover (i.e. waist, hip, chest, etc) or length (i.e. sleeve length, shirt length). This changes how the text of type fit is displayed.
- Stretch Factor: essentially how stretch is the product. If you're not sure, just leave it at 10%. A body measurement exceeding the clothing's maximum stretch will automatically be rejected by the recommender.
- Recommend Logic: Generally you should leave this unchanged. Select "Only within size range" means the recommender will filter out any size where the customer's input is not included in the measurement range.
- Intended Body or Product measurements: Selecting product measurement will show up an "Garment Easing" section. Essentially this will be the expected space for optimal comfort/style. we will subtract the easing from the product measurements when comparing with customer's input
- Filter oversized: check this box if you wish to filter sizes that are way too big for the customer (>3 sizes). Default to no.
- only use as filter: The recommender by default will calculate a "Fit score" for each measurements and then add them together to find the best size. Checking this box means we will only use the recommender
to filter out sizes that are too tight (beyond the clothing's maximum stretch) and it will not contribute to the overall fit score.
If everything is setup properly, you should see the recommender preview on the right section.
Do I need a size table for this?
Yes. Our size recommender is automatically generated given a sizing table. The table cannot have empty numbers and the unit direction needs to be set properly
How does Size Recommender "memorize" user's measurements?
We do so by storing each user's measurement with the name of each measurement field. For example, if a user puts in 8 for the measurement "Chest", everytime a other recommender has measurement of the same name, we will use it automatically. This means that if you have small typos, the recommender may not work properly.